Well, since my last post nothing too crazy has been going on here. My friend Natalie was in Madrid for about 5 days and we were touring around the city together. We went to the palace and a lot of parks. It has been nice weather here, except today, so everyone seems to be hanging around the parks and just lounging around. El Retiro is the biggest park here, there is a little lake where you can rent boats to paddle around in, but the line was outrageous! We experienced some amazing food! More chocolate and churros, paella, and I had octupus (aka pulpo) for tapas one day. It was a very....interesting taste, but I think I liked it. I am so glad that I tried it!
We also did some museum sight seeing. We went to the Prado, which I talked about before, but we also went to the Reina Sofia, where they have a lot of Picasso, including the Guernica. It was a very sad painting because it's about death and heartbreak from the Spainish Civil War and since it was a Picasso it was done very differently than other paintings. I also went to my first movie in Spain, in Spanish. It was Rio, the cartoon about the parrot. It was really good and I could understand most of what they were saying, and being that it was a cartoon it was pretty easy to understand what was going on. I feel like I am learning so much by just living here. I am learning a lot about art, language and culture and differences in culture. Anyway, Natalie left last night and all my other friends are on vacation in other cities because we have the week off for Easter (Semana Santa). But on Easter Sunday we leave for Portugal! I am starting to miss home a bit, but am so excited for the adventures that keep coming. Love you all.
I love that your first spanish movie was about a cartoon parrot haha! My French teacher the other day was talking to us about how the best way to learn French once you're in France is to watch tv a lot.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Portugal!!
Britt