Hey everyone! Well Im down to my last week and a half here in Spain! I cant believe how fast its gone and I bet the rest will just fly by even faster. We went to Granada for our last cultural excursion with our program. It was different than our usual excursions; we had a lot of free time and it was just relaxed. We took a 5 1/2 hour bus ride there. The first night we went to a flamanco show (another one!). This one was so different though, our group was the entire crowd. It was in a tiny little theater with a tiny little stage. There was only 1 guitar player, where as before there were multiple and one little old man singing. There were 4 dancers, one of the women must have been 70 years old! They all just did a little solo and that was it.
The next day we drove down to the beach, about an hour away. The sand wasn't very nice, very dirty and thick. The water was very nice though, no waves but still fun. I went swimming a bit which was nice, just to feel the water again. We went and had lunch right on the sand and it was actually really cheap. Back to Granada and the town was really cute. It had a very homey feel. They are famous for their kababs and tapas so of course we enjoyed lots of those. Sunday morning we went to the Alhambra which is basically a city where the kings lived. I was kind of expecting more after seeing some of the amazing cathedrals, etc. in Spain. It had a lot of detailed carvings and pretty fountains.
With my last weekish in Spain Ill be studying way to much. Finals finals finals. It will also be crazy here because 2 new girls moved into the house. That makes 5 girls, and one bathroom...it will be an experience. We also have a program dinner and a tour of the palace. Today I tried Horchata. It tastes different than Mexican Horchata. It doesnt taste as milky and has more of a honey flavor to it. Hopefully I can catch the last few places I wanted to see and revisit my favorite places. Got a few of my train reservations but having some trouble getting the rest of them, hopefully I can figure it out soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment