Well you know it's summer here, or almost to it because it has been HOT everyday and of course no one has air conditioning or fans. I mean really, would it kill you to get a fan so I dont have to be in a sauna 24-7? I guess it could be worse. Just been focusing on school this week mainly. Every week our culture class takes a trip to a cultural place in Madrid. This week we went to the student residences, that have been open since universities startes in Madrid, basically. It was pretty cool to see, though we had an unnecessary hour tour. Next week we go to the fabric factory, because a lot of famous rugs for kings, etc. were made there.
This weekend most of my friends had their own little vacations around Europe and since Im saving the rest of my European adventures for my backpacking trip I hung out in Madrid. The protesters are still going on strong. They were supposed to stop after the elections, but havn't and I guess have now come up with some things they want. Its crazy because the whole city center is taken over with tents of protestors and signs everywhere. Then outside the city center there are a lot of discussion groups talking about how to solve the problems. My picture is of the metro stop covered in signs from the demenstration. They are still peaceful, so they are allowed to stay according to the police.
This morning I went to the Fitness Festival. At one of the big metro station they had all these classes going for the past three days: zumba, yoga, step, spin, etc. I thought I would check it out, even though I wasnt sure if you needed a reservation or anything. I was easily able to sign up for a spin class, where they gave me a free t-shirt and bag of goodies! And the class was free too! The spin bikes were the same and the music pretty similar because they play a lot of American music here, but the instructor was so much fun. She had us waving our towels in the air and acting out to the songs. She kept asking are we all good? Si o no?? and everyone would respong SI!!! This was in all spanish of course, which made it even more fun. What a fun treat :)
Just catching up on your adventures!
ReplyDeleteHave fun! Love you!