Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Palma Mallorca




Hello Everyone :)
Well it was a lovely weekend. On Saturday we had an excursion with our program to Aranjuez and Alcala. It was raining all day, so it was a bit of a bummer on our trip. We went to another one of the Kings summer houses. Wow they spent a lot of money on the kings houses/summer homes/palaces in Spain. But it was kind of different than the others we had seen because each room was completly different. One had red velvet from top to bottom. In Alcala we looked at the school there which was where my school ,Complutense, originially was. It had a lot of philosophers there and on your final exam basically everyone asked you questions and tried to make you fail and if you did, all the students would carry you out and spit on you! Rough.
Then Sunday to Tuesday my roomate here and I went to Palma Mallorca. We had these really cheap plane tickets and thought why not? Mallorca is an island off of Spain in the Mediterranean. It was pretty much a beach town and since we were only there for a few days we just spent most of the time at the beach. I would say it was a mix of Florida with Spain. When we got there, we got so lost because our directions that were given to us were wrong! But it was an experience. Then we kept searching for a bike rental shop, which of course was closed. But we took the bus to the nicest beach in Mallorca called Illetes. Beautiful clear water, like glass. So beautiful. The water was a bit chilly, but warmer than most oceans at this time. At night our hostel was right next to all the little bars so we were able to go to a live Jazz concert and just enjoy. The next day we walked around the Cathedral a little and then rented bikes for the day. There is a bike path along the coast. We biked to a different beach, which was more like a cove. We got to lay there all day basically. Then biked the other direction just to see all of the coast. The gelato there was delicious! A lot of people spoke English there which was surprising, but I suppose good because their Spanish is Catalan, which is a little different than what I know. Back to school for a while now, I have a day trip in a few weeks to Segovia, but other than that Ill be in Madrid now for a while! I also got my Eurail pass in the mail today. Yay for my backpacking trip kind of coming together!

3 comments:

  1. 1) Love the flip flop photo
    2) GORGEOUS WATER
    3) Red velvet? ....interesting haha
    4) And I thought I had pressure to do well in school? thats awful
    5)mmmm Gelato
    6)I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)Love you!
    2)Miss you!
    3)Skype soon?
    4)Love you some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reference to # 3- Yes Please! When is good for you?

    ReplyDelete